What personal information do we collect?
Personal information generally means information which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information, or from that information and other information in a person’s possession, including any expression of opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in material form or not, about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual and any indication of intention in respect of an individual. Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to facilitate your travel arrangements and bookings and to arrange travel-related services and/or products on your behalf. For example, we may collect details such as your name, residential/mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit/debit card details (including card type, card number, security number and expiry date), passport details, loyalty program / frequent flyer details, information about your dietary requirements and health issues (if any), and other details relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service provider(s) (e.g. airlines and accommodation or tour providers). When you make contact with us for other purposes, we may also collect personal information about you in relation to those purposes. For example, we may collect your personal information so we can contact you about a competition you have entered (e.g. if you win) or to respond to an inquiry or feedback you have sent to us. We also collect information that is required for use in the business activities of Myanmar Quest and our related entities, including, for example, financial details necessary in order to process various transactions, video surveillance footage used for security purposes, and other relevant personal information you may elect to provide to us. In some circumstances, we may collect personal information from you which may be regarded as sensitive information. Sensitive information may include (without limitation) your racial or ethnic origin, philosophical or religious beliefs or affiliations, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record and the alleged commission of an offense, membership of political, professional or trade associations, biometric and genetic information, passwords and financial information and health information, and (in the USA) any personal information relating to a child under the age of 13. We will only collect sensitive information in compliance with your applicable laws, with your consent and/or where it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities (e.g. to make travel arrangements), unless we are otherwise required or authorized to do so by law. To the extent permitted or required under your applicable laws, you consent to us using and disclosing your sensitive information for the purpose for which it was collected, unless we subsequently receive your consent to use it for another purpose. For example, if you provide health information to us in connection with a travel insurance application you would like to make, you consent to us using and disclosing that health information in connection with arranging that travel insurance on your behalf. A further example is if you disclose your religious beliefs to us because you are interested in, for example, certain holiday packages, in which case you consent to us using and disclosing that information in connection with facilitating your request. We will not use sensitive information for purposes other than those for which it was collected unless we subsequently receive your consent to use it for another purpose.
How do we collect personal information?
We will collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. Generally, this collection will occur when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email, when you visit any of our websites or when you connect with us via social media. We may collect personal information about you when you purchase or make inquiries about travel arrangements or other products and services; when you enter competitions or register for promotions; when you subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. e-newsletters); when you request brochures or other information from us; or when you provide information, or use our services, on social media. Unless you choose to do so under a pseudonym or anonymously, we may also collect your personal information (other than sensitive information) when you complete surveys or provide us with feedback. In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to collect personal information about you from a third party. This includes where a person makes a travel booking on your behalf which includes travel arrangements to be used by you (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for you by your employer). Where this occurs, we will rely on the authority of the person making the travel booking to act on behalf of any other traveler on the booking. By providing your personal information to us, either directly or through a family member, employer or other agent or representative in connection with a travel booking or related service, you will be deemed to have consented to your personal information being collected by us and used and disclosed in accordance with this Policy. Where you make a travel booking on behalf of another person (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for an employee), you agree you have obtained the consent of the other person for Myanmar Quest to collect, use and disclose the other person's personal information in accordance with this Policy and that you have otherwise made the other person aware of this Policy. You should let us know immediately if you become aware that your personal information has been provided to us by another person without your consent or if you did not obtain consent before providing another person's personal information to us.
When do we act as an agent for a travel service provider?
How do we use and disclose your personal information?
Where you contact us in relation to a travel booking or query, the primary purpose for which we collect your personal information is generally to provide you with travel advice and/or to assist you with booking travel and/or travel-related products and services. However, the purpose for collection may differ depending on the particular circumstances as disclosed in this Policy (e.g. collection of your personal information for the purpose of your participation in a competition, provision of feedback, etc). By continuing to use our services and/or by providing us with personal information (or allowing another person to do so on your behalf), you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, and, where permitted by applicable laws, for any related secondary purpose which we believe you would reasonably expect. The purposes for which we collect personal information, and those secondary purposes which we consider to be directly related, include:
- providing you with services and tools you choose to use (for example, saving travel preferences on our website(s) to a wishlist or saving personal information to allow for pre-population of online forms);
- identification of fraud or error;
- regulatory reporting and compliance;
- developing and improving our products and services and those of our related entities;
- servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, creating and maintaining a customer profile to enable our brands to service you better or presenting options on our website we think may interest you based on your browsing and preferences
- involving you in market research, gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you and/or the service we have provided;
- to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- for research and analysis in relation to our business and services, including but not limited to trends and preferences in sales and travel destinations and use of our websites;
- internal accounting and administration;
- to comply with our legal obligations and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel; and
- other purposes as authorized or required by law (e.g. to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or to enforce our legal rights).
We may use your personal information to send you targeted marketing activities relating to our products and services (and those of third parties) that we think may interest you unless you have requested not to receive such information. These may include but are not limited to, mail outs, electronic marketing (including online targeted marketing) and notifications as described below, and telephone calls). We will only use your personal information to send electronic marketing materials to you (including e-newsletters, email, SMS, MSM, and iM) if you have opted-in to receive them. You can subscribe to receive e-newsletters and other electronic promotional/marketing materials by following the relevant links on our website or requesting one of our consultants to do so for you.
Should you no longer wish to receive promotional/marketing material from us, participate in market research or receive other types of communication from us, please refer to the “Feedback / Complaints / Contact” section below. You can unsubscribe from receiving electronic marketing materials by following the unsubscribe prompt in your email, SMS, MSM, iM or other forms of electronic marketing.
Is personal information disclosed to third parties?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, as set out below, and in accordance with applicable laws. By continuing to use our services and/or by providing us with your personal information (or allowing another person to do so on your behalf), you consent to that personal information being processed, transferred and/or disclosed by us for the purpose for which it was collected and, where permitted by applicable laws, for any related secondary purpose which we believe you would reasonably expect. Note that, in this Policy, where we say “disclose”, this includes to transfer, share (including verbally and in writing), send, or otherwise make available or accessible your personal information to another person or entity.
Your personal information may be disclosed to the following types of third parties:
- our contractors, suppliers and service providers, including without limitation:
- in each of the circumstances set out in section 5 (“How do we use and disclose your personal information?”);
- suppliers of IT-based solutions that assist us in providing products and services to you (such as any external data hosting provider(s) we may use);
- publishers, printers, and distributors of marketing material;
- event and expo organizers;
- marketing, market research, research and analysis, and communications agencies;
- mailing houses, freight services, courier services; and
- external business advisers (such as lawyers, accountants, auditors, and recruitment consultants);
- our related entities and brands;
- travel service providers such as travel wholesalers, tour operators, airlines, hotels, car rental companies, transfer handlers, and other related service providers;
- a prospective purchaser, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of Myanmar Quest, or any of our subsidiaries, business lines, related bodies corporate and franchisees, or of assets of Myanmar Quest or any such subsidiaries, business lines, or related bodies corporate and franchisees;
- a person making your travel booking on your behalf, where you are traveling on a booking made on your behalf by another person (for example, a family member, friend or work colleague);
- your employer, where you are an employee of one of our corporate, business or government clients and you are participating in an event or traveling for work purposes;
- a person who can verify to us that they have a relationship with you (e.g. a family member) where you are not contactable, the person correctly answers our required security questions and the request is, in our opinion, in your interest (for example, where the person is concerned for your welfare or needs to undertake action on your behalf due to unforeseen circumstances);
- as required or authorized by applicable law, and to comply with our legal obligations;
- customs and immigration to comply with our legal obligations and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel;
- government agencies and public authorities, to comply with a valid and authorized request, including a court order or other valid legal process;
- various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies, including to protect against fraud and for related security purposes; and
- enforcement agencies where we suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter.
For more information in relation to collection by travel service providers and their privacy practices and policies, see the section above titled, "When we act as agent".
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety of an individual or to public health or safety or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offenses), or where such disclosure is authorized or required by law (including applicable privacy/data protection laws).
Is personal information transferred overseas?
We may disclose your personal information to certain overseas recipients, as set out below, which we will do in accordance with applicable laws.
It is possible that information will be transferred to an overseas recipient (other than any of our overseas related entities) located in a jurisdiction where you will not be able to seek redress under applicable laws and that does not have an equivalent level of data protection as in your jurisdiction. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, we will not be liable for how these overseas recipients handle, store and process your personal information. By providing your personal information to us for the purpose of booking and otherwise arranging travel related products and services for you, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information to these overseas recipients for that purpose.
Our overseas related entities
Myanmar Quest and its related entities operate a global business, including operations in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Myanmar (Burma), United States, United Kingdom, the European Union and other countries. Your personal information may be disclosed to our overseas related entities in connection with the facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative, advisory and technical services, including the storage and processing of such information.
Travel service providers located overseas
In providing our services to you, it may be necessary for us to disclose personal information to relevant overseas travel service providers. We deal with many different travel service providers all over the world, so the location of a travel service provider relevant to your personal information will depend on the travel services being provided. The relevant travel service providers will in most cases receive your personal information in the country in which they will provide the services to you or in which their business or management is based.
Please refer to section 5 (“when we act as agent”) for more information about when we act as an agent for travel service providers and their privacy practices and policies.
Our third-party service providers located overseas
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties located overseas for the purpose of performing services for us, including the storage and processing of such information. Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas recipients in connection with the facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
We use key service providers located in Australia, Myanmar, United Kingdom, United States, and the European Union. We also deal with many different service providers all over the world, so it is not possible for us to set out in this Policy all of the different countries to which we may send your personal information. However, if you have any specific questions about where or to whom your personal information will be sent, please refer to the “Feedback / Complaints / Contact” section below.
Security of information
Myanmar Quest has implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect the personal information it holds from loss and misuse, and from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, and interference. Myanmar Quest regularly reviews security technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information. Myanmar Quest is not responsible for any third party’s actions or their security controls with respect to information that third parties may collect or process via their websites, services or otherwise.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for our business purposes, or as required by law.
Access to and correction of personal information
You are entitled to access any personal information we may hold about you in accordance with applicable laws. Where personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date or the information is irrelevant or misleading, you may ask us to correct that personal information, and we will respond to your request within a reasonable time. We reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking access or correction to personal information before complying with such a request. We reserve the right to deny you access where the legitimate rights of other persons would be violated, where the burden or expense of providing you access would be disproportionate to the risks to another individual’s privacy, or for any other reason permitted under applicable law. If we deny access or correction, we will provide you with written reasons for such denial unless it is unreasonable to do so and, where required by applicable laws, will note your request and the denial of the same in our records. If you wish to access or seek correction of any personal information we hold about you, please refer to the “Feedback / Complaints / Contact” section below.
You must always provide accurate information and you agree to update it whenever necessary. You also agree that, in the absence of any update, we can assume that the information submitted to us is correct unless we subsequently become aware that it is not correct.
Social Media Integrations
Our websites and mobile applications may use social media features and widgets (such as “Like” and “Share” buttons/widgets) (“SM Features”). These are provided and operated by third-party companies (e.g. Facebook) and either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website or mobile application. SM Features may collect information such as the page you are visiting on our website/mobile application, your IP address, and may set cookies to enable the SM Feature to function properly
If you are logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may be able to link information about your visit to and use of our website or mobile application to your social media account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the SM Features may be recorded by the third party. In addition, the third-party company may send us information in line with their policies, such as your name, profile picture, gender, friend lists and any other information you have chosen to make available, and we may share information with the third party company for the purposes of serving targeted marketing to you via the third party social media platform. You can manage the sharing of information and opt-out from targeted marketing via your privacy settings for the third party social media platform.
When you access our website, use any of our mobile applications or open electronic correspondence or communications from us, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address. An IP address is a series of numbers that identify your computer, and which are generally assigned when you access the internet. Alone, IP addresses are not personal information, as each computer or device may be used by multiple people (i.e. it is not possible to ascertain the identity of a user simply from the computer or device being used).
We may use IP addresses for system administration, investigation of security issues and compiling anonymized data regarding usage of our website and/or mobile applications. We may also link IP addresses to other personal information we hold about you and use it for the purposes described above (e.g. to better tailor our marketing and advertising materials, provided you have opted in to receive electronic marketing).
Tracking Technologies / Cookies
(a) What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. We may link the information we store in cookies to any personal information you submit while on our website. Cookies save data about individual visitors to the website, such as the visitor's name, password, username, screen preferences, the pages of a website viewed by the visitor, and the advertisements viewed or clicked by the visitor.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. When a visitor revisits the website, we may recognize the visitor by the cookie and customize the visitor's experience accordingly. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
If you reject cookies, you may still have access to our website, but your ability to use some areas of our website, such as contests or surveys, may be limited.
Web Beacons / Gifs
We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons), that help us better manage content on our website by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personal information.
3rd Party Tracking
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
(c) Third-Party Cookies
When you visit certain sections of our website and/or use our mobile application, third parties may place cookies on your computer’s browser and/or make use of web beacons to collect information. This information may include things such as your use of the website or mobile application, device and browser information and ad data. The information generated by the cookies and web beacons about your use of the website is transmitted to those third parties. This information is then used for the purpose of compiling statistical reports to enable us to measure and analyze the number of visits to the site and its pages, the average time spent on the site and the pages viewed; serving targeted advertising to you (including use to target advertising on other sites or applications based on your online activity); providing us with services and enhancing/improving our website, mobile application and the third party’s technology products and services.
Our current providers and information regarding their data practices and how to opt-out include any one of the following as may be updated from time to time:
(d) Managing Cookies Usage
You may block the installation of cookies by certain settings provided by your browser software; we would like to inform you however that in this case, you may not be able to have full access to all Myanmar Quest Site functions. Furthermore, you can prevent the compilation of data (including your IP address) through cookies and website use by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available through the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Feedback / Complaints / Contact
If you have any inquiries, comments or complaints about this Policy or our handling of your personal information, please contact your consultant or contact us at:
Address: 1910 Thomes Avenue, Cheyenne, WY 82001 USA
Telephone (US): +1 307 222 4737
We will respond to any inquiries or complaints received as soon as practicable.
Changes to our Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time. If we make a change to the Policy, the revised version will be posted on our websites. It is your responsibility, and we encourage you, to check the website from time to time in order to determine whether there have been any changes.
Last updated in November 2019.
Terms & Conditions
This Website at myanmarquest.com (the “Site”) is owned by Myanmar Quest LLC ("we", "us"). This page sets out the Terms and Conditions under which you may use this Site (the "Terms"). Please read the Terms carefully. If you do not accept the Terms stated here, do not use this Site and service. By using this Site, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these Terms. The term "you" as used in these Terms refers to all individuals and/or entities accessing this Site for any reason.
We may at any time revise these Terms. You are bound by such revisions and should therefore periodically review these Terms.
- Our Site displays information about travel locations, airfares, travel agents’ locations, flight times and dates, tours, packages, insurance, cruises, transportation, foreign currency, schedules, travel companies, and many other things.
- This information is supplied to us by third party providers; such are airlines, hotels and transportation suppliers ("Service Providers"). We have taken reasonable care to ensure it is correct and up to date; however, we cannot check the accuracy of such information.
- Many of the services which made up your travel booking are provided by Service Providers. The Service Provider provides these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you.
- We accept no responsibility for information supplied to us by Service Providers. We recommend you confirm all information contained on or linked from our Site with the third-party provider.
- The details of the prices, packages, tours, flights and other information displayed on the Site are subject to change without notice. The travel products and services described on the Site are subject to availability.
- It should be noted that all documents issued to travelers are non – transferable. Such documents may include but are not limited to, airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers, or any other document used to confirm an arrangement with a Service Provider. Such documents may also be subject to conditions such as, but not limited to, being non – refundable, non – date – changeable and subject to cancellation or amendment fees. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with these conditions.
- If for any reason, any Service Provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against that Service Provider, and not against us. In the event we received payment by Credit Card, you agree that you will not seek to chargeback or recover your payment or any other losses from us.
- You are responsible for obtaining all passports, visa and health information required.
Much of the content on this Site is supplied to us by third-party Service Providers. Although we take reasonable care to ensure all content on this Site is correct and up-to-date, we cannot check the accuracy of all such information as provided by the Service Providers. The Service Providers of travel and travel-related services may change their prices, details of their packages, tours, flights and other information displayed on the Site at any time. For this reason, all prices displayed on the Site are subject to change without notice. All travel products and services described on the Site are subject to availability. Special conditions may apply to the prices set out on the Site. To determine such conditions, you must contact us or the relevant Service Provider. In addition to the prices set out in the Site, you may be required to pay certain taxes, government fees and other charges payable on the room, tour or car rental.
Suitability of Travel Products and Services
We do not represent that any travel products and services set out on our Site will be suitable for you. You release us from any claims in relation to the travel products and services described on our Site, including but not limited to claims that the travel products and services are not suitable. Service Providers are independent parties over which we have no control. The information and description given about the Service Providers and their products are based on our inquiries and are believed to be accurate, but we cannot guarantee in respect thereof.
Tickets and Timings
All reference to departure times on our Sites are for your guidance and are subject by amendment by the wholesalers and/or suppliers prior to actual booking. It isn't until full payment has been made and you are ticketed that the departure times are set. You must check your itinerary on each stage of the completion of the booking to ensure that you have the correct flight times. It is possible that changes that flight times will change even after tickets have been issued; in such cases, you will be advised of prior to departure, provided the personal information you provided us is correct and up to date.
All software, design, textual, graphical (including trademarks) and other content including without limitation HTML code controls contained in this website, created by or for us, compromised and appearing on this Site and the selection and layout of this Site, are owned or licensed by us and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws. We own or license or have the right to use the copyright in the Site as a collective work and/or compilation, and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of such content. Republication or citation of any content generated by the Site without our written consent is expressly prohibited. This Site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
You may view and electronically copy the pages of this Site in the usual operation of your web browser in visiting this Site, but for no other purpose. Any other use of the material contained on this Site, such as copying, distributing, selling, modifying, transmitting, reusing, re-posting or publishing is strictly prohibited, without our specific written permission. Unauthorized use of materials from our site will not only breach this agreement but may violate copyright and other laws. Trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining our prior written consent.
Certain trademarks, service marks, business names, company names, logos, trade names and get up (trade dress) used on this Site are owned by us, the Service Providers or our licensors or third parties. You do not have any right or license to use them.
We may link our Site to other sites on the Web. We are not required to maintain or update these links are provided for your convenience only. We make no warranties or representations whatsoever regarding any other Site, which you may access through this Site. It does not mean that we have looked at these sites or that we have checked them out.
We are not responsible for the content of other Sites, even if we link to them. We are not recommending these Sites or their products or services to you. We make no warranties and accept no liability if you suffer any loss or damage in relation to material contained on external sites or using another's product or services If you suffer any loss or damage from visiting another's Site or using another's product or service, we are not liable.
You can use this Site to communicate with us. This Site also includes a list of other ways to communicate with us. It is our policy not to accept information that is confidential or proprietary, other than travel arrangements and bookings. If you do not want to lose confidentiality in your material, do not submit it via this Site, email it or send it to us.
You must only use this Site for lawful purposes and in a responsible and cooperative manner. You agree not to copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, translate, distribute, transmit, reverse engineer, frame, decompile or disassemble any aspect of our Site. You must use this site in a responsible and cooperative manner. Any breach of these Terms by you may result in legal action taken by us against you.
You must not:
- make any fraudulent, speculative or false inquiries, bookings, reservations or requests using this Site;
- use another's name, ID or password without permission;
- use the Site while impersonating another person;
- post or transmit to or via the Site any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorized modifications to the Site;
- delete data from the Site without our permission;
- knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the Site;
- breach any third party's rights (including intellectual property rights and obligations of confidentiality owed to Service Providers) or infringe any laws in using this Site;
- frame this Site as part of another site or cache this Site for commercial benefit;
- attempt to do any of the above acts;
- Knowingly permit another person to do any of the above acts.
In addition, you will agree not to:
- access, copy, or monitor any information or content of this Site using robot, scraper, spider, or other methods of automation or manual processes for any purpose without our express written consent;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusionary header on this Site or bypass any other measures in deterring or limiting access;
- deep-link to the booking engine of the Site without our express written consent;
- Impose or attempt to impose a disproportionately large load on the Site infrastructure.
Interactive Facilities and User Content
The functionality provided on the Site may include interactive communication facilities such as travel blogs, discussion groups and other communication forums where individuals may submit or post reviews of travel experiences, travel plans, comments and other information (collectively, “Interactive Facilities”).
You are solely responsible for your use of any such Interactive Facilities and agree that you use them at your risk.
You agree that by submitting, posting or otherwise providing any message, travel blog, data, information, recommendations, opinions, reviews, news articles, directories, guides, text, music, sound, photos, video footage, art, illustrations, imagery, design, graphics, logos, audio clips and images, code or other material (“Content”) to or through the Site (including by using Interactive Facilities), You:
- grant to us and our affiliates (including, without limitation, our related entities) a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, broadcast, communicate, create derivative works from, publicly display and perform such Content throughout the world in any media, for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, a commercial purpose, without any compensation or remuneration to You (“License”);
- expressly acknowledge that we may sub-license our rights under the License to third parties who may make use of the Content consistent with the License including, by way of example, on websites, in a written publication, compilation of works, training materials, film, television program, script or screenplay of either ourselves or a third party expressly authorized by us;
- grant us and our affiliates and sub-licensees the right to use your name or any other name that you submit in connection with such Content, at our discretion;
- waive any entitlement to any moral rights you may have as an author of the Content (and warrant that you have obtained a waiver of moral rights from any person who may have such rights in the Content); and
- agree that we are under no obligation to treat the Content as confidential or private information.
We reserve the right to, at our absolute and unfettered discretion, remove, screen, edit or refuse to post without notice any Content submitted to, posted or stored on the Site at any time and for any reason. We accept no responsibility or liability for any Content posted, stored or uploaded by You or any third party, or for any loss or damage to any such Content. We accept no responsibility for statements, representations or other Content provided by You or other users of the Site, including individuals using Interactive Facilities. We reserve the right to disclose any Content as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation or lawful request. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary or other right or loss or damage in connection with your use of the Site and submission of Content.
For the avoidance of doubt, these Terms do not restrict your rights to re-use Content you have posted or otherwise provided to or through the Site.
If you believe that materials hosted by us infringe your copyrighted materials, you (or your agent) may send us written notice of such infringement that includes all of the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work or works that the copyright holder claims have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work; and sufficient information for us to locate that material on the Website (i.e., link to the infringing material);
- Contact information for the copyright holder or its agent, including email address and telephone number;
- A statement that the complainant believes in good faith that the use of the allegedly infringed material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the above information is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is the owner of the exclusive rights under copyright law that is allegedly infringed or that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- The notice must include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright holder or its agent.
Notices with respect to copyright infringement for this Website should be sent to [Insert customer service email]
We will review notices that comply with all the above requirements. When considering filing a notice, you should consult your legal advisor. False claims of infringement may hold you liable for damages.
You warrant that:
- you are of sufficient legal age to use this Site and create legal binding obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of using this Site;
- you are responsible (financially and otherwise) for all uses of this Site by you and those using this Site using your ID and password;
- the information you supply via the Site will be accurate and not misleading, deceptive or likely to be misleading or deceiving;
- you agree to supervise all usage of this Site by minors under your name or account;
- you agree that the travel services reservation facilities of this Site shall be used only to make legitimate reservations or purchases for you or another person for whom you are legally authorized to act;
- You understand that overuse or abuse of the travel services reservation facilities of this Site may result in you being denied access to such facilities.
You indemnify us and our affiliates, officers, employees and agents against all losses, costs, damages, claims, and expenses arising from:
- any breach of these Terms by you;
- any act or omission by you or an officer, employee or agent of you;
- Any claim, action, demand or proceeding by a third party against us or our officers, employees or agents caused or contributed to by you or an employee or agent of you.
WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE OR COMPLETE, NOR THAT IT DOES NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS. WE ARE PROVIDING THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ITS CONTENTS OR ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SUPPLIED THROUGH THIS SITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED AND SUPPLIED THROUGH THIS SITE WILL BE OF MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FIT FOR ANY PURPOSE OR WILL COMPLY WITH ANY DESCRIPTIONS ON THIS SITE OR SAMPLES.
We do not represent or warrant that this Site, the server that makes it available or any of our products or services supplied through this Site will be free of errors, viruses or defects. Your access and use of this Site is subject to factors beyond our control. We do not warrant that this Site or the products and services offered via this Site will meet your requirements or that the service will be uninterrupted or timely. We will use our best endeavors to make this Site secure and have implemented technology for this purpose. However, because of the nature of the internet, we do not warrant that this Site will be secure.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU RELEASE US FROM ALL LIABILITY, COST, DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE WHETHER IN NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF THE SUPPLY OR FAILURE TO SUPPLY OR USE OR NON-USE OF THE THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, employees, shareholders or other representatives will be liable in damages or otherwise in connection with your use of or inability to access this Site or the purchase and use of any products and services supplied via this Site or any breach of any warranties that may be implied by law. This limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, personal injury and claims of Service Providers. In the event that our Site fails to operate or causes you loss or damage, your sole remedy is the refund any money that you paid to us to use this Site.
IF APPLICABLE, HOTEL RATINGS STATED ON THIS WEBSITE (WITHOUT LIMITATION INCLUDES PHOTOGRAPHS, LIST OF HOTEL AMENITIES, DESCRIPTIONS OF PROPERTY, ETC.) ARE PROVIDED BY THE RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS. THESE HOTEL RATINGS ARE GENERAL GUIDELINES AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THEIR ACCURACY. THEY ARE TO BE USED AS A GENERAL GUIDE AND THE RATINGS AND HOTEL INFORMATION MAY BE AMENDED PERIODICALLY BY THE RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS TO KEEP CURRENT. ALL SERVICE PROVIDERS, HOTELS, AIRLINE CARRIERS, ETC. PROVIDING TRAVEL AND OTHER SERVICES TO US, ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, NOT OUR AFFILIATED OR AGENTS. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTIONS, OMISSIONS, ERRORS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM SERVICE PROVIDERS. WE HAVE NO LIABILITY AND WILL NOT REFUND DUE TO AN EVENT DUE TO DELAY, CANCELLATION, OVERBOOKING, STRIKE, FORCE MAJEURE, TERRORISM, AND ANY OTHER CAUSES THAT IS BEYOND OUR DIRECT CONTROL. WE HAVE NO CONTROL AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, DELAYS, OMISSIONS, RE-ROUTING, OR OF ACTS OF INTERFERENCE BY THE GOVERNMENT OR LEGAL AUTHORITIES.
You use this Site at your own risk. If any warranties are implied by law that cannot be excluded, then our liability for breach of such warranties is limited, at our option, to:
- in the case of products:
- the replacement of the products or the supply of equivalent products;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the products or acquiring equivalent products;
- in the case of services, the supply of the services again;
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
At all times we retain the right to monitor, retain and disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
We may disclose aggregated information about users and use statistics relating to the Site and aggregated information about our sales and trading patterns to others.
We may disclose your personal information to Service Providers for the purpose of booking your travel.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, these Terms and your use of the Site are governed by the laws of the State of Wyoming. You hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction and venue courts in the State of Wyoming in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Site and these Terms.
Except as otherwise specified, we may amend these Terms at any time without notice to you by posting amended Terms on our Site. The amended Terms will take effect immediately when they are posted on our Site.
We may terminate Terms, your registration with or ability to access this Site and/or any other service provided to you by us and any other agreement between us and any other agreement between us, immediately if you breach any of these Terms.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended to be created between you and us by these Terms.
- If any of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, it will be struck out, and the remaining terms will remain in force.
- Headings are for reference purposes only.
- If we do not act in relation to a breach by you or others of these Terms, this does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- In these Terms, the term "Site" includes any email bulletins or other content that we provide to you via or initiated from this Site.
- We will provide any notices to you by email to any email address provided by you. Notices will be taken to have been received 24 hours after the email is sent, unless the sending party receives notice that the address is invalid or that the email has not been received.
These Terms were last updated in November 2019.
Booking Terms & Conditions
The purchase of your travel booking constitutes a contractual agreement between the traveler(s), customer(s), and/or purchaser(s), (collectively as "You" and "Traveler"), and Myanmar Quest LLC ("Myanmar Quest", "We", "Us") pursuant to the following terms and conditions (“Terms”, “Agreement”):
SUPPORT: Myanmar Quest provides support services to our customers. Please call [Insert customer support phone number].
BAGGAGE FEES: Additional fees for baggage may apply. Please contact your airline or refer to its website for detailed information regarding their checked baggage policies, or alternatively please visit our website for more information.
TRAVEL AGENT: Myanmar Quest acts as a travel agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport and accommodation service providers, including, but not limited to airlines, coach, rail, cruise line operators and hotels. Myanmar Quest does not own, operate, manage or control these independent suppliers of services and is not liable for their acts or omissions. Myanmar Quest's obligations to you are to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and the travel service providers. We have no responsibility for these services, nor do we have the authority to make any warranty or representation regarding their standard. A request cannot be guaranteed. All bookings are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these travel service providers. You understand that your legal recourse is against the specific provider, not Myanmar Quest. Conditions can change rapidly in a country at any time. It is your responsibility to check local travel advisories, and if you are a customer in the USA to check the USA Government Travel advisories for your intended destination at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html.
IMPORTANT CONDITIONS: Prices are subject to increase prior to the time you make full payment. Prices are not subject to increase after you make full payment, except for charges resulting from increases in government-imposed taxes or fees. By signing below, you expressly acknowledge your acceptance of these conditions (i.e. increases before full payment and increases attributable to government-imposed taxes or fees after full payment will be your responsibility) applicable to your purchase.
CANCELLATION: Please be aware that most travel bookings are non-refundable and cancelled bookings will incur charges. These charges can be up to 100% of the cost of the booking, regardless of whether travel has commenced. Where we incur any liability for a cancellation fee or charge for any booking which you cancel, you agree to indemnify us for the amount of that fee or charge.
DEPOSIT AND FINAL PAYMENT: You may be required to pay a minimum deposit per person when booking. The service provider may require further deposits. All deposits are non-refundable. Final payment is required no less than 60 days prior to departure unless otherwise stated. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking. Myanmar Quest accepts cash, checks, debit card or credit cards (AMEX, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or Diners). Should you wish us to charge your credit card we may require you to read and sign a credit card charge form set out in the receipt.
CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS: If for any reason, any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against the provider, and not against Myanmar Quest and in the event that payment has been made to Myanmar Quest by credit card, you agree that you will not seek to chargeback your payment to Myanmar Quest. If the credit card is passed through to the travel services provider and you seek to chargeback your payment from the provider, you agree to be held liable and indemnify Myanmar Quest against this chargeback from the provider, including without limitation any air debit memos charged to Myanmar Quest. If Myanmar Quest incurs any costs, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees to recover any payments charged back by your credit card company, you agree that you will be liable for these costs. If the credit card is declined, you guarantee that you will settle any amounts owing to Myanmar Quest via money order or cash immediately.
TRAVEL PROTECTION: For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation and travel accident insurance. However, no representation or description of the insurance made by Myanmar Quest to you constitutes a binding assurance or promise about the insurance. Myanmar Quest is not an insurance company and has no responsibility for the submission, payment or adjustment of any insurance claims. Any insurance claims that may fall under the relevant travel insurance policy must be submitted to the insurance company identified in the policy.
ADDITIONAL FEES: Additional taxes and surcharges that cannot be pre-collected may be charged locally by car rental agencies, hotels or other suppliers. Most properties and vehicle rental/leasing companies require a credit card imprint at check-in.
RESPONSIBILITY: We always do our best to make sure your travel arrangements are satisfactory. However, Myanmar Quest and its employees, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, successors, agents, and assigns do not own or operate any entity which provides goods and services for your travel including without limitation, lodging facilities, airline, vessel, motor coach, or other transportation companies, guides or guide services, local ground operators, providers or organizers of optional excursions, food service providers, etc. All such persons and entities are independent contractors and are in no way affiliated to Myanmar Quest or any of Myanmar Quest's affiliated entities.
LIABILITY: Myanmar Quest is not liable for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any travel service provider or of any third party. In addition and without limitation, Myanmar Quest is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay, or damage to person or property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from, but not limited to, acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of accommodations, mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation, or for any failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time. Also be advised that certain foreign facilities such as air-conditioning systems in public places, hotels, and motor coaches may not be up to various legal jurisdiction standards. If due to weather, flight schedules or other uncontrollable factors you are required to spend an additional night(s), you will be responsible for your own hotel, transfers and meal costs. Baggage is entirely at the owner's risk. You may see the name Myanmar Quest affixed to motor vehicles, on signs around the hotel or elsewhere. This use of our name is purely for reasons of identification and does not denote ownership, supervision, or control by Myanmar Quest in any way. The prices of these tours are based on rates in effect (including foreign exchange rates) at the time of printing and are subject to change without notice. Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased travel arrangements. You specifically agree that Myanmar Quest is not liable for any consequential loss or damage.
PASSPORTS: All individuals departing from the United States of America must be in possession of a valid passport. Please check that your passport is valid for 6 months or longer than your intended travel time. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have valid travel documentation, including but not limited to passports and visas, which meets the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. You are responsible for confirming with your local government agency, or if applicable, The United States Department of State or representative government agency of the country to which you are traveling to confirm the requirements for visas and/or other requirements for admission to your destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility. A valid government-issued ID is required for travel within the USA, however, depending on the State of departure or arrival, a passport may be required instead of a driver’s license.
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: Travel documents including, without limitation, airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document (whether in electronic form or otherwise) used to confirm an arrangement with a service provider. Travel documents may be subject to certain conditions and/or restrictions such as, but not limited to, being non-refundable, non-date-changeable, and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. Travel documents cannot be transferred to another person to use. All airline tickets must be issued in the name of the passport/photo identity holder. An incorrect name on a booking may result in an inability to use that booking and the booking being canceled. Any errors in names, dates, and timings may result in an inability to use that booking and the booking being canceled. Any errors in names, dates, and timings on your documentation will be your responsibility if not advised at the time of booking. Please reconfirm your flights at least 24 hours prior to departure.
HEALTH AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: It is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of any health requirements for your travel destinations and to ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation.
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS: Some countries require insecticide spraying of aircraft prior to a flight or while you are on the aircraft. Federal law requires that we refer you to the Department of Transport disinfection website. (https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/spray)
REFUSAL OF SERVICE: Service providers reserve the right to refuse service to travelers at their sole discretion and including without limitation if the traveler; (i) Lacks proper documentation for the country of destination; (ii) Has a contagious disease; (iii) Is under the influence of alcohol, drugs or narcotics; and/or (iv) Manifests disruptive and/or unruly behavior. Myanmar Quest assumes no liability for the acts of the service provider in refusing service.
ELECTRONIC OR HANDWRITTEN SIGNATURE: Both parties agree that you may acknowledge and agree to these Terms: (i) electronically; (ii) by handwritten signature; (iii) by any other electronic means, including without limitation acknowledgment via email acceptance of these Terms; or (iv) by your implied consent deemed via your actions which shall include without limitation the payment of the invoice and/ or your use of the services provided by Myanmar Quest or any other travel supplier related to your booking. All such means will be deemed to constitute effective acknowledgment and execution of this Agreement and shall be sufficient to bind the parties to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
GOVERNING LAW: The construction, validity, and performance of these Terms and any disputes between the parties shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the State of Wyoming, without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles, and any federal laws applicable therein. Both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Wyoming with respect to any legal proceedings relating to these Terms.
These Terms were last updated in November 2019.